First of all, hosts expect you to want to learn, be useful, serve the organic movement and help to create a healthier planet.Here are some important rules to follow when you visit a host:
- Show up when expected: your host prepared for your arrival and probably turned away other WWOOFers' requests to hold your spot. It is important to inform them as much in advance as possible if your plans change.
- Adapt to your host's lifestyle: it may be challenging at first but it is part of the WWOOF experience to discover and learn how to live a bit differently.
- Participate in activities and show your willingness to learn about organic farming.
- Help out for the agreed upon time per day.
- Take part in daily chores (such as cooking and washing dishes).
- Be respectful of the place and of the people welcoming you.
- Make sure you have adequate insurance.
- If asked to leave early, it is your responsibility to do so. Likewise you may choose to leave early if the situation is not working out. Make sure to let your host know if you are leaving so as not to worry them.