If a host is listed as verified, this means that a WWOOF representative confirmed that the host is following these five requirements*:
- Practicing organic or sustainable growing methods
- Providing an educational experience and sharing knowledge with WWOOFers
- Providing adequate food for three meals per day
- Providing suitable and sanitary living accommodations
- Asking WWOOFers to help for a maximum of half a day (between 4-6 hours), or 20-30 hours per week
The goal is for all hosts to be verified by a WWOOF representative to confirm that WWOOF’s guidelines are being met and that the host provides an educational experience in a safe and comfortable environment for visiting WWOOFers. Once a farm has been verified, the host will receive a searchable “WWOOF-verified” badge on the website.
If you have questions about obtaining verification for your farm, please contact us.
* Not all countries use the WWOOF-Verified program and some may have additional requirements, so check with individual countries to find out more.